The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) is gathering public input on shore-based shark fishing. Share your thoughts on the future management of this fishery by attending a public workshop.
Workshops start at 6 p.m. local time:
- Aug. 20: South Daytona, Piggotte Community Center, Reception Hall Room, 504 Big Tree Road.
- Aug. 21: Jacksonville, Jacksonville University, J. Henry Gooding Building – Gooding Auditorium, 2800 University Blvd. N.
- Aug. 27: Melbourne (UPDATED VENUE), Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, 200 Rialto Place.
- Aug. 28: West Palm Beach, Palm Beach County, Department of Planning, Zoning & Building – The Vista Center, 2300 N. Jog Road.
- Aug. 29: Miami, Miami City Hall – Commission Main Chambers, 3500 Pan American Drive.
- Aug. 30: Key Colony Beach, City Hall, 600 W. Ocean Drive.
If you cannot attend an in-person meeting, submit comments online or view an advance copy of the presentation by visiting MyFWC.com/SaltwaterComments. Staff is working on a virtual workshop that should be available online in the near future. Additional details and updates to these meetings will be posted at MyFWC.com/Fishing (click on “Saltwater Fishing,” “Rulemaking” and “Workshops.”)
Previous in-person workshops were held in the following cities: Bradenton, Fort Myers, Panama City and Pensacola.0